The Balsa Man Organization encourages tiny art enthusiasts to start their own Balsa Regional no matter where they live! If you are interested in leading a regional in another part of the country or the world we’d love to hear from you! Please contact our regional organizer at gro.namaslabnull@slanoiger.
Balsa Regional Lead Responsibilities
- Build the central Balsa sculpture for the regional — does not have to be anything like the Balsa Man. We encourage you to take liberties and design something that suits your region — the 2010 London Balsa Regional had a Balsa Big Ben
- Encourage others to make their own Tiny Art and participant at the event.
- Optionally host a tiny art build party for tiny artists making tiny art for the regional.
- Secure an area for the regional and manage tiny art placement prior to the burn.
- Run the Balsa Burn itself — remember it’s a tiny burn so it shouldn’t last more than an hour or so.
Balsa Regional Lead Perks
- A tiny art grant from BPAF to be used for materials expenses for building the central figure of the Balsa Regional.
- A Balsa Man patch to wear with pride.
- A pack of Balsa Man stickers to give to volunteers and participants who create tiny art for the Balsa Regional.
- Tiny sense of satisfaction